Indestructibles: Books Built for Babies
Indestructibles are books built for the way babies “read”: with their hands and mouths. Chew-proof, rip-proof, and drool-proof, they’re printed on a unique 100% nontoxic, paperlike material that holds up to anything babies can throw at it—gumming, spilling, dragging across the floor. Indestructibles are the little books that could. And if they get dirty, just wash them off. Beloved by babies and their parents, Indestructibles were invented by Amy Pixton, a mother of triplets, after bits of traditional board books found their way into her babies' mouths. Ages 1-2. Each book is 12 pages.
- Welcome, baby! We’ve been waiting for you. Simple text on each spread of this heartwarming baby book expresses the anticipation and joy of welcoming a newborn into the family. Full-color illustrations by Stephan Lomp feature human babies and their families experiencing the joys of a newborn, from cuddling to tucking into bed to looking for a baby's first smile.
- Love you, baby! Hug, kiss, snuggle, nuzzle, bounce, rock: There are so many ways to show your love to baby! Share the love on each spread with simple text prompts and adorable illustrations of baby animals and their families, from cats to bears to otters.
- Baby Peekaboo! Featuring the second set of titles by Kate Merritt, whose distinctive and colorful collage illustrations are as adorable to parents as they are to babies, here is a new Indestructibles that is a joy to read aloud. Baby Peekaboo celebrates the favorite playtime game while teaching the concept of object permanence. “Who’s hiding behind the toys? Peekaboo! It’s Puppy!” Simple, engaging text encourages language development, and each spread is filled with sweet details.
- Baby Babble! Baby Babble is a first vocabulary book, featuring baby at the table: spoon, banana, cheese. Baby at play: blocks, teddy bear. Inside baby’s house: lamp, socks, crib. Outside baby’s window: cloud!
- Baby Faces! Baby Faces features baby’s favorite thing: pictures of other babies. It’s a book for parents and children to share together the many moods of a baby.
- Beach Baby! Beach Baby is the perfect beach book for baby, telling the sweet story of baby’s day at the beach—and it’s sand-proof, waterproof, and sunscreen-proof, too.
- Baby Animals! Babies love baby animals, and now they can learn all about them in a book that's indestructible. This charmingly illustrated menagerie includes some of the fuzziest, wuzziest, cuddliest, and cutest babies in the animal kingdom.
- Things That Go! Now babies can learn all about the things that go in a book that's indestructible. With call-out identifications on each spread, Things That Go! is a vibrant introduction to those irresistible vehicles that fly, drive, sail, dig, lift, dump, and more.